FIVE WATER FACTS
- Clean drinking water helps maintain the balance of body fluids. (WWF)
- Water in organism helps to control calories. ( of Medicine)
- A person who increased his water consumption by 1.5 liters a day would burn an extra 17,000 calories (World Health Organization and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme).
- Water helps to regulate body temperature (Joan Koelemay, MBA, RD, dietitian, Beverage Institute for Health and Wellness).
- Doctors advise that to be on the safe side we should drink at least 1.2 litres of liquids (2.5 pints). (netdoctor.co.uk)
FIVE WATER MYTHS
- If you’re thirsty, you are already dehydrated (Hess-Fischl)
- Drinking water can help keep your skin moist (Hess-Fischl)
- Lots of Water Equals Healthier Skin (Journal of the American Society of Nephrology)
- On average everyone must aim to drink 8-ounce glasses of water every day (NHS Choices)
- Bottled water can cause tooth decay (The African American Guide To Living Well With Diabetes)